The gaming story of 2018 was how Fortnite almost made all the money, reports show that the title made $3 billion in revenue, $2.4 of which was in 2018 alone.
Not to be forgotten, and who made the Battle Royale mode popular – PUBG. In 2018 wasn’t just a great year for Fortnite, but it was still a huge year for PUBG as well, as according to the Superdata figures, it made over $1 billion in revenue last year alone, a 20% increase from the previous year, which makes it the highest grossing premium (ie. paid) game in 2018.
Here’s the free to play list:
- Fortnite, Epic Games – $2.4 billion
- Dungeon Fighter Online, Nexon – $1.5 billion
- League of Legends, Riot Games, Tencent – $1.4 billion
- Pokemon GO, Niantic – $1.3 billion
- Crossfire, Neowiz Games – $1.3 billion
- Honour of Kings, Tencent – $1.3 billion
- Fate/Grand Order, Aniplex – $1.2 billion
- Candy Crush Saga, King, Activision Blizzard – $1.1 billion
- Monster Strike, Mixi – $1.0 billion
- Clash Royale, Supercell, Tencent – $0.9 billion