As F1 2018 built upon the successes of 2017 and is the pinnacle of the series now till the next one probably but I feel that there is much more that the series can do to make the series better and ever. So here is a list of what the series can do to make big strides forward.
- Classic tracks – Now this is a feature that has been done before in earlier games (i.e. F1 2013) and I for one would like to see this make a return to complement the classic cars. As 20-21 tracks can be quite tedious after a while, and as some circuits are no longer on the calendar like Malaysia, India, Korea, Valencia, Nürburgring, or classic interpretations of current circuits like Silverstone, Spa, Hockenheim, Catalunya, and even the Nordschleife at the Nürburgring would be a nice addition to the series. It will be great idea and would expand the content massively.
- Feeder series (F2 and GP3) – This is not new to the series but let us look at the Moto GP series as an example which offers Moto 2 and Moto 3 and the Red Bull Rookies Cup along with the premier class of Moto GP which add plenty of content and gives the career mode added depth. Now, if this can be applied to the F1 games with Formula 2 and GP3 which does run at the same time at most race weekends as formula one would be incredible adding more depth and content with GP3 and F2 cars in career mode and in general. My reasoning for this can be justified as there is an option to run 2 races at the weekend (one long and one short) so having the cars and tweaking the rules to comply with the real-world rules and you have a recipe for greatness.
- Deeper character customization and deeper crash helmet customization – this maybe a bit far fetched but bear with me. Now, while playing as yourself in career mode is great and all but I often must play as the avatar who closely resembles myself. And I really would like to prefer a character customization, so I can fine tune the looks and make a closer appearance. Also crash helmet customization could be expanded, personally in this corporate world of formula one and my crash helmet has zero sponsors at all which I find weird to see during and after the race. So having the option to greatly customize the crash helmet and even seeing some sponsors appearing be great to see.
- More details – Now this will be a broad subject but there are several details that are lacking which will be excellent to be addressed in future games. Firstly, when you are seen in your overalls in game, your name is nowhere to be seen which could be nice to be see in future games. Also seeing more F1 personalities on the grid like Martin Brundle who is notorious for his grid walks which would be nice to see in the race build up interviewing drivers as an example. I do know that there are F1 Youtubers make a cameo in the game which is a nice touch but seeing more people like Brundle or Coulthard would make it look closer to what you see on the TV. Also, commentary could be a nice addition as well and could open a world of possibilities like maybe Murray Walker making a welcome return which would be excellent to see as a fan of the sport.
- 10-year career spanning 10 seasons of past f1 seasons – right, let me take you back the time where EA had a go with the series at the turn of the century. Which then gave birth to F1 Challenge 99-02 which took 4 years of formula one and had a 4-year career mode which for young Matthew was like gold dust. Now would that be great now with the Codemasters series because we are up to the 9th/10th game in the series, so the content is there to use so why not slap on the latest graphics to the cars and tracks and integrate it into the series which would make it a buffet for F1 fans. With plenty of content to offer could blow a few minds if this ever occurred
Agree with the options or do you think there could be more changes that the series could do after F1 2018 get in the comments.